101 things about me

Monday 23 June 2008

Reason to celebrate...


It was a quiet week-end. Mellow. I travelled to Point Lonsdale Saturday morning and I enjoyed the company of my parents until late Sunday.

Sunday night I watched in awe as my friend Amy sang in her first solo performance, with family and friends there to cheer her on. I felt lucky to be part of the group of people she wanted to share this with - and she was amazing. She looked so calm and relaxed on stage and sang beautifully - a natural.

And on top of these simple joys, I quietly celebrated the passing of the winter solstice. The shortest day of the year is now behind us, and although we are only in the early days of winter, I feel like we have turned the corner and we are on the return journey to Summer.

It's a good reason to Celebrate!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay to the solstice, bring on Summer! Or at least Spring...just something a little warmer! And well done to your friend, it's nice to share achievements together!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! And our days are getting shorter. Blast!
(But happy for you! ;) )

Ames and Mick said...

Thank you for your lovely comments. But it's me that should be thanking you for your incredible support and understanding! I loved that you made the effort to be there for me, it was a special night.
xoxox

Lisa [strickerin] said...

Such lovely things to celebrate. Glad you had a nice weekend.