101 things about me

Sunday 6 December 2009

The Nautilus house...

As it turns out, the shell house is actually called The Nautilus House and was built in Mexico. It is not the home of Sachin Tandulkar at all, but a lucky family living in Mexico City.

The Nautilus Shell House was build for a couple by Senosiain Arquitectos and was is put together using a frame of steel-reinforced chicken wire with a concrete spread over it, resulting in an earthquake proof structure.

Thanks to blogging friend Lilliboo for the heads up and the link, and the team at Stylefrizz for their article. Go and visit if you want to go take a better look.

6 comments:

Malcolm Garth said...

Reminds me a little of Willie Wonka's chocolate factory... :)

Lilli boo said...

It's an amazing house...would love to live in it for a while, just to try it out...love seeing lots of colour in a house as well!!

Umatji said...

What an amazing window in the picture - wouldn't that make you wake up smiling

gracia said...

How amazing. How curious. I wonder what it is like to live in such a home?

Red Hen (dette) said...

Wow, very cool. But I think it would lose it's impact with all my clutter if I lived in it! I love the coloured glass.

flossy-p said...

Man! If ever I was caught up in a rumuor I think this is the kind I'd like. Lucky Sachin ;)