101 things about me

Sunday 14 November 2010

Good weather for ducks...





























I know I shouldn't complain. I know all this rain is wonderful after years of drought. I know that we need more so that water storages can be replenished. I know the farmers are happy. I know that gardens are lush for the first time in years and gardeners are celebrating. I know all of that.

I know I know I know.

But I don't like the winter.
I don't like the cold.
And I especially don't like it dragging into Spring and Summer, and I especially especially HATE when it is nice for a few days during the week and then so so crappy on the weekend.

When I returned from the USA in late September, I thought the weather would be on the improve. But winter is dragging it's feet. Friday was the first day over 30 degrees so far, AND it was followed by thunderstorms, a huge drop in temperature to 14 degrees, and (yep, you guessed it) more RAIN! Seriously, the rain never stopped yesterday.

It might be good weather for ducks, but not this little duck. This little duck prefers sunshine and blue skies. Bring on the summer now please, enough of winter already.

And yes, I just did an entire post on the weather.
Quack quack!

2 comments:

Umatji said...

oh I know - I have whiplash from going from pool weather back to fire weather over and over again. We are all coming down with colds AGAIN. Bring on the sun please! Mind you, given the 100000 weeds at our place a bit of rain to make them easier to pull out is good. Hmmm, cake and eat it???

Red Hen (dette) said...

That is so funny, We should swap abodes as I hate summer and it is perpetually summerlike here in perth!