101 things about me

Monday 24 October 2011

Adios Barcelona, hello London, bonjour Paris...

The last couple of weeks of my trip have been so so busy I have struggled to post. I will just have to do some catch up posts when I get back to Australia on the 31st of October, because I just know the next few days are going to be chock-a-block.

I will then be able to post images more successfully as I have a few issues using the blogger app on my mobile. I can't move the images once I have loaded them which I am finding quite frustrating.

But in the meantime, a quick summary if what we have been up to...

Barcelona was amazing. What a city. The art of Picasso and the architecture of Gaudi in particular were worth the trip. I will post more soon. About the crowds, the cost, the pickpockets, the sights.

We arrived back in London late last night and leave for another mini break tomorrow morning, this time 2 nights in Paris. As I said... go go go.

It so happens today is my birthday. I have had a lovely day in Richmond, London with my Mum and friends Lucia & Felipe. We shared an amazing lunch prepared with love by Lucia, followed it by a long walk along the Thames between Richmond and Kew Gardens and then topped it all off with an incredible chocolate cake ala Lucia. 2 slices each!

What a perfect way to spend one's birthday, with such special friends. How lucky I am. We will see them when we get back from Paris, catch up again... and no doubt shed a few tears when we say our goodbyes on Friday.

Unfortunately time is running out and we will be heading back to Aus at the end of this week. And whilst I am looking forward to my own bed, some warmer weather and seeing family and friends, I will be very sad to say goodbye.

3 comments:

Nicky Parry said...

Oh I'm so jealous - I'd love to go to Barcelona - never been there yet. Glad you had a great time. Hope you have a wonderful trip to Paris too!

Anna Howard said...

Sounds ama-zing!! Happy Birthday CInta xx

Anonymous said...

Hey babe, hope your birthday was fabulous.thinking of you x enjoy Paris see you soon :-) Love wendy