101 things about me

Sunday 11 May 2008

Forgetting Mother's Day...


Yes, it's true. I did. I forgot...

I know, I know, you don't have to say anything, I feel guilty enough already!

A few weeks ago as my brother, his girlfriend, Mal and I, arranged a week-end away, we all totally forgot about Mother's Day. By the time we remembered, it was too late to change the booking.

As regular readers know, I love my Mum and I think she is amazing, and normally, I would celebrate Mother's day in her fine company. BUT given my poor memory, the celebrations have been delayed.

Today I called and gave her a big hug over the phone. Tomorrow night she is coming to stay and I will definitely make up for it. In the meantime, Happy Mother's Day, Mum! xxx

2 comments:

Reenie said...

Jacinta, I wouldn't beat yourself over the head about this. These things happen. When I moved out of home, it was my dad's birthday two days later. And I forgot. Even though I'd spoken to him about moving stuff twice that day, I didn't remember until the next day it was his birthday. But parents don't mind. They know you think the world of them. I'm sure your mum will be totally fine.

Two Peas In a Pod said...

I think your mom knows how much you cherish her. :)