101 things about me

Monday 3 August 2009

Driving is driving me crazy...

Seriously, what is it with taxi's? I understand they don't WANT to get to their destinations too quickly. I understand that they are probably quite happy to catch all the red lights. I expect they might even be pleased when the traffic is congested and it starts to rain...

And me? I just want to get where I am going safely and as stress free, and as promptly, as possible. I do NOT want to sit in the right lane doing 10km's under the speed limit. I am pleased when the traffic light God looks favourably upon me and blesses me with a string of green lights. And when it's a quiet day on the road and I don't take longer than public transport to get home after work (yes, you guessed it) I am grateful for the lucky break.

But for whatever reason, I keep getting stuck (you guessed - right again) behind every 'go slow' taxi in Melbourne. And I'm over it. Go slow by all means. Catch all the red lights (someone has to). But please please PERLEASE, get out of the right lane and let us non fare collecting drivers past.

Gheesh.

Oh and another thing... to the moron who was shaving whilst driving at 100kms an hour on the Tulla this morning, have a shave BEFORE you leave home! I could hardly believe it. FINALLY there is a driver on the road doing the speed limit and he decides it's the time to take a shave. Oh good grief.

And finally... cos I know I meant to post about this when it happened in summer last year and it's just now as I am on my little rant that it comes to mind...

I drive out of work, and sit at the lights waiting to head onto the freeway, and the guy in the car in front of me is smoking, arm hanging out the window, cigarette in hand and flicking his ash on a total fire ban day, and with the OTHER hand he is pressing his mobile to his ear. Hmmm... It did make me wonder how exactly he was planning to steer.

I mean seriously. These things drive me crazy.

5 comments:

Red Hen (dette) said...

Phew! I am so glad in that regular morning commute situation any more, but I have to confess this has made me quite nervy when I do have to contend with the increased number of fruit loops on the road now days.

Renee said...

You are too funny.

xoxox

Mindy said...

Thankyou for all your lovely messages while I was away. What was one thing we always said we didn't miss while we travelling? DRIVING!
I enjoyed this post a lot.

Jodie said...

Driving to melbourne , we passed woman READING while she drove. She had the book in the middle of the steering wheel - I did a double-take...

Renee said...

Cinta, you are so welcome my friend. I am seeing what you went through now too.

One day I hope for you to write about it.

Love Renee xoxo