101 things about me

Tuesday 31 January 2012

January Roundup...
















Do you believe it's the last day of January? Already? Me neither. The summer is two thirds of the way through and Christmas seems like it was weeks ago.

It can't be possible, surely? And yet, it has been busy...


As I said in the first days of January, I have big plans for 2012. Some of them have had a good start, a couple have already fallen by the wayside.

So far I have managed to blog every day. Though, I will admit, I did cheat a little bit over the weekend. It was Sunday morning when I remembered I hadn't posted the day before, so I quickly did a post and post dated it to Saturday. Hmmmm... not quite what I had in mind, but at least I managed to have a post uploaded for every day this month. That's a first. And I am determined to keep it up.

The daily diary was the first casualty. And I am disappointed with myself on that one. I started well, but I missed a couple of days and it wasn't long before the rot set in. It is something I really love but for me I wanted it to be an artistic outlet and I had all these grand ideas as to how it would be filled. Unfortunately, if I want to fulfill this plan every day, it's just not maintainable, and it takes too much time. It's a bit of a copout I guess but that is the reality. As I said earlier, it's going to be a big year, and I will be doing a lot of journalling but I have decided it will not be in the form of a daily diary as such. Journaling yes, Dear Diary, no.

Apart from that little glitch, January has still been a big month and a busy start to the year. Despite taking no additional time off work, I have been lucky enough to catch up with friends, enjoy some great weather, relaxed on the beach and had a few swims in the sea. I have been kayaking on the Yarra River and have done a 4 hour photography course in St Kilda. And last, but certainly NOT least, today I activated my RSVP profile in a return to internet dating. I know - crazy huh?

See, it's all go go go here.

How is the beginning of 2012 going for you?

1 comment:

LesleyG said...

Seems like you're off to a great start, even if it's not exactly as you envisioned. What ever is? :)