101 things about me

Friday 10 September 2010

Take me out to the ball game...

So, since we booked our flights I have been talking about going to a ball game. To pick up the All-American atmosphere. We weren't really sure until the day if we would make it there... would we get tickets? would we survive the subway? would we get to see the Yankees?

And we did. We managed all these things. Subway, crowds, tickets, the heat.
And it was a great afternoon. Thankfully we did not have to sit in the direct sun as it was baking hot, but the seats we had, had a great aspect and we enjoyed the game, cheering and standing (as per the other supporters!) and totally enjoying the atmoshpere of the Yankee Stadium. 

Wow! It looks like a pretty light crowd in this pic, but it was just warm-up time and the crowd grew too.


 So this was it - the winning moment.
New York Yankees 3, Baltimore Orioles 2.
*
‎"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,
I don't care if I never get back,

Let me root, root, root for the home team,
...If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."

1 comment:

Lori ann said...

Haha! good for you braving all those things to get to the game. For me the bravest thing would be sitting through the entire game (ugh!), i spent many hours at Dodger Stadium watching games in the past, no more for me! But what a great experiance you and your Mom have had! It was a must do.
What will you do next? there is so much to see. I ♥ NY