101 things about me

Sunday 20 January 2008

This is...


This is ...my favourite cup.

I bought it in London about 17 years ago. It is by an artist called Josie Firmin. She's still around (I have just done a google) but I like the mug I have better than all of her current work.

It has been through the wars a little. It has no handle and it has a couple of chips along the rim. Nothing 'cat'astrophic. Regardless, I couldn't bare throw it out. It now has a home in my kitchen holding another of my favourite things... pens. I have a supply of pens that will last me until I am well into my eighties (if I am lucky enough to still be around then).

"This is..." is a new idea from Angela at Three Buttons. Each week there will be a new theme (nominated earlier in the week by a fellow blogger) and published on a Sunday.

Come join in if you like.
The more the merrier!

9 comments:

Angela said...

She still looks good for 17 cup years! That should definitely equate to 102 human years.

Dees said...

I think it is great that you have kept it all this time!!I love the cat,it is so cute!thanks for sharing!xoxo

Two Peas In a Pod said...

Wow, you have kept it for a long time and it looks great. Its cute as well.
Kyla

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! Good that it reminds you of London, too. I love things with good memories attached.

Jenny said...

Love the expression on that Kitty-love it!

Smiler said...

That's a fun little meme. I'd join if I wasn't already doing Weekly Winners. I completely understand you being attached to that cup. The drawing IS very fun. Some objects just take on such importance. I've held on to many things way beyond their prime.

Anonymous said...

I love this cup and the story behind it. I so agree just cause it's broken doesn't mean it has to be turfed, I love it's new life as a pencil holder...I have mine in a snoopy holder..Oops did I just admit that?

Annie said...

I LOVE that cup - I like to put pencils in cups too.

Jacinta said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. Yes, 17 years is a pretty good age! It's funny that some objects (that are worth nothing in money terms) mean so much for other reasons.

As for the Snoopy cup Lili, your confession is safe with me... I have one too. In fact it was pipped at the post for this meme by my cat cup.

Great meme Angela.