101 things about me

Thursday 2 February 2012

Visited by mountain gorillas...


Some days ago I was sent a link to a youtube video of one man's extraordinary encounter with mountain gorilla's in Rwanda. It's came in a trail of clips that people forward en masse in a flurry of enthusiasm, many of which I ignore. But this one, given that it starred gorillas in Africa was irresistible.


Many years ago I was fortunate to see the gorillas in Zaire in their own habitat, having trekked into the jungle in search of their daily hangout. It was without doubt one of the highlights of my life. I have a few images of my time there, but nothing that I experienced compares to this...

1 comment:

LesleyG said...

Wow. That is fascinating. And that man was remarkably calm. Now I know what to do if I'm ever approached by gorillas: don't act like myself. :)