101 things about me

Friday 1 June 2007

Life is a bowl of cherries...

I sometimes wonder if I am living a cliche. I take it as it comes, one day at a time. When things aren't quite as I hope, I try to make the most of it and when things are going well, I thank my lucky stars. When I am really busy it seems I burn the candle at both ends. I count my blessings daily.

As for work, I could take it or leave it. It drives me crazy and it often makes me tear my hair out! Some days I couldn't care less, other days the world is my oyster and it's like water off a duck's back. Whilst I don't like to blow my own trumpet, I work hard for the money and do an honest days work. It ain't rocket science. Work is not the be all and end all and it pays the bills. Generally I manage to make ends meet.

I can be as stubborn as a mule, I don't suffer fools gladly, don't mince my words and sometimes it's my way or the highway. Many times I put my foot in my mouth. I should probably learn to bite my tongue. Apparently life wasn't meant to be easy! And it isn't always a barrel of laughs. What I want to know is, if the best things in life are free, what am I doing in the rat race?

I dream of winning the lottery. I would hit the road, take a well deserved break and live life on the edge. I would take to it like a duck to water. Certainly I would see the world through rose coloured glasses. Perhaps I would live dangerously, dance the night away, live it up. I could go anywhere at the drop of a hat. And when I get tired, I would take the load off my feet, kick back and relax and wait until I got my second wind.

Despite my lottery free lifestyle, lady luck has smiled on me. I have had my cake and eaten it too. I have been footloose and fancy-free and I've settled down. I am lucky to surround myself with those I love. They are my tower of strength. I wouldn't swap them for all the tea in China. Home is where the heart is.

My life is a bowl of cherries and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If your life was a cliche - what would it be? I would love to hear your thoughts!

5 comments:

Ames and Mick said...

I guess I just try not to get too far ahead of myself, not count my chickens before they hatch if you're catching what I'm pitching?

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you wish for, it may come true

The Moon watchers

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to agree with the 'be careful what you wish for, it may come true' comment. That just sums me up perfectly!

Jacinta said...

Yes - hindsight is a fine thing. 'Be careful what you wish for, it may come true.' There is often a moment when one wonders... "What was I thinking, this is nothing like I expected!"

Anonymous said...

Read,while nibbling Mrs.Gump's chocolates, "The Monkey's Paw ." .....a short story by W.W Jacobs.