101 things about me

Wednesday 23 May 2007

Philosophy on love

Last night I returned to my philosophy studies. This is part three in practical philosophy. Part one was all about wisdom, part two was about happiness and part three is dedicated to love. Pure love.

In one way or another we are all looking for answers, direction and stimulation. Sometimes I think it is creating more questions rather than resolving them!

The group is all held firmly together by our tutor Tery Pope. He is a wise man. From Wales originally, his life experiences and knowledge is shared openly. He has a contagious excitement about the world around him and there is a twinkle in his eye that reveals a wicked sense of humour. He sometimes answers our questions, but when he knows we have the answers in ourselves, he pauses and waits until we answer for ourselves.

I like his silences. He makes me smile and gives me belief that there is much to be hopeful about. If I made a list of the people who have impacted my outlook on life, he would be there.

No comments: