101 things about me

Wednesday 23 May 2007

Torture by Cake

No people, I am not talking about being beaten up by a boston bun, or violated by a vanilla slice. This is not donut danger, crucifixion by carrot cake or assault and buttery. I am talking about torture by temptation.

I am on the track to slim and slender. I am feeling strong. But then, as if to twist the knife of sugar cravings ever deeper, work delivers a tray of sandwiches and cakes for everyone's enjoyment. I am strong. I am. Really. It is however, a difficult path. Yes, I could eat the curried egg and lettuce or the roast beef and pickle sandwiches. Yes, there are a few rambling grapes on which I could graze. Yes, there is even a strawberry or two. BUT THERE IS CAKE, and who wants the other stuff, when there is CAKE?

It is torture and I am not as strong as I had hoped. I weaken. Give in to temptation. I take a small piece of coconut slice, followed by a covert cherry tart. Later a slice of apple crumble crosses my path. Carrot cake is my final crime. But (I convince myself) at least I did health - all fruit and vegies. I am told I should eat 5 serves of vegies and 2 of fruit each day. Only a few more left! It can't be all bad... surely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cake is definitely my favourite kind of torture.
If it is self inflicted it should be enjoyable!

Anonymous said...

After a printing session at Laser Image there was a half hour wait before delivery and Panache is quite handy. The coffee is a reward and so was the large slice of Sticky Date Cake (heated) and with generous cream and slice of orange. Torture? ....No Way...Dave.