101 things about me

Thursday 28 February 2008

Page One, New chapter...

What a day.

Great group of teachers and students.

The teachers are all working artists and incredibly enthusiastic about the course. They were lots of fun and managed to keep everyone entertained.

The group of fellow students are all women - something I was not expecting, but it has it's advantages and I hope it will become a strong support group. Ages range from in the 20's (one or two) to in their late 50's. They come from a range of life experiences which will definitely colour the experience for everyone.

We spent the day getting to know each other, looking around the facilities and then wandering around Melbourrne exploring some of the lesser know smaller galleries. Really interesting.

Tomorrow it's time to get our hands dirty.
Painting all morning and then drawing all afternoon. I expect it to be a pretty full-on day.

Have a good day everyone.

3 comments:

Ames and Mick said...

Oh wow, I'm so glad you had a great first day! I was thinking of you all day yesterday hoping you were having fun!
Enjoy yourself today and I'll look forward to hearing all about it on Saturday!

Jodie said...

yay - So glad it was not as scary as you expected. Hope you are having lots of messy fun right now!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That's so exciting! Good luck!