101 things about me

Wednesday 2 July 2008

The Exhibition...


1. Degreaves Street, Melbourne, 2. Exhibition set up, 3. Exhibition set up, 4. Exhibition set up, 5. Red Wine Label (from lino cut), 6. Sculpture, 7. Exhibition - Jessie's Sold Print, 8. Exhibition, 9. Cathedral Arcade

As you all know, my Arts course finished last week, with the final exhibition opening on Thursday night.

It was held in The Pigment Gallery which is in the iconic Nicholas Building in the Flinders Lane arts precinct of Melbourne. It's a pretty small gallery and while this meant a restricted amount of work could be hung, it also meant the space was intimate and not too overbearing. It was a great night with lots of friends and family coming to look at the gallery and a selection of our work. We had red and white wine which was labelled with 2 lino prints from class (one mine and one from Meredith) which looked great.

The exhibition was open for another 2 days, giving us all the opportunity to sit in the space and greet visitors.

It was an interesting exercise and a good chance to get ideas for future possibilities. Three items sold, including Jessie's print which is pictured above. Micahel also sold his Tasmanian Tiger lino print to Jessie's uncle who had a tattoo which was (funnily enough) also of a Tazzie Tiger. Incredible coincidence. Congratulations also to Simone for selling one of her prints.

Thanks to everyone who came by and said hello.


Unfortunately not all works were pictured above. You can go and look at a few more images of the exhibition and my art at my FLICKR page.

10 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Congratulations! It looks like a great show. I'd love to know which pieces are yours.

Michelle said...

Well done, it does look like a great show! Congrats!

kate said...

Oh this looks like an amazing show and an amazing collection of artists! I wish I have discovered your blog earlier I would have love to come along to check it out. I love the sculpture, number 6 in the top photo.

Rebecca said...

Wow, how fantastic! Comgratulations, looks like a fabulous exhibition - gees I wish I lived near Melbourne and I'd be visiting it for sure!! Love those lino prints too - and the tassie tiger is wonderful! Great pics too :)

Rebecca said...

woops - that's meant to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! (gave me a chance to say it twice!!!) :)

Bird Bath said...

How wonderful to be part of the exhibition - also must be a little hard to see your art course wrap up. Congratulations and may you continue with your art making.

Nikki said...

I hope this isn't so much the END of your art course, but the BEGINNING of a whole new creative phase in your life.

I LOVE the Nicholas Building!!! What a lovely spot to have your show. Wish I'd had my ear to the ground for it - I was teaching a lot in Degraves St the last few weeks, and could have popped in.

Anastasia said...

Congratulations - its so cool to have taken part...here's to many more exhibits!

Lilli boo said...

So great to see.. Congratulations, I understand the Euphoric feeling you must of have in not only completing the course but finishing off with the highlight of exhibiting and in a very 'cool' area of Melbourne too. Look forward to seeing more of your inspiration...

Red Hen (dette) said...

Congratulations! What a shame! I would have liked to come and have a look. I have booked a holiday to Melbourne and am staying nearby to that particular gallery (by the sounds of things- I've never been there before) But it is not for another two weeks!