101 things about me

Saturday 5 July 2008

This is my most treasured childhood possession...

This is a collection of my most treasured childhood possessions.

I was trying to decide what I was going to include and was thinking I might even struggle a bit! Then, this week-end I have been staying in Point Lonsdale (in my childhood home) and managed to find lots of things hidden away in back room cupboards and in secret drawers.

Turned out, I couldn't decide what NOT to include, so I have included a small selection... Favourite dolls, swap cards, the small pop-up toy and my most treasured childhood book The Big Tidy-Up (a recent acquisition) all feature strongly in my childhood memories.

Off to see everyone else's treasures now. Have a great week everyone.

The theme for this weeks "This is..." came from Teacups on Treetops (go and have a look at her blog - it's very cool!). The "This is..." meme was started by the very creative Angela of Three Buttons fame.

16 comments:

Sherrin said...

wow- I love your swap card collection!

Nikki said...

Wow! You still have your SWAP CARDS!!!

Hey, has your mum got any room at her house for MY stuff, too...? My Mum just gave me all mine back, and I thought it was SO convenient to store it there.

Michelle said...

Great stuff! The swap cards are unreal!

Malcolm Garth said...

The doll with the blue eyes is just a little bit... SPOOKY!

flossy-p said...

What a happy co-incidence that you were in your childhood home this week. It must have been fun excavating all these great toys and books.

Bec said...

I'm another one who's swooning over your swap card collection - what great stuff to discover!!!

Hila said...

lovely collection :)

Sasparilla Sue said...

I don't know what swap cards are but I love that pop up toy (even though I was deathly afraid of them as a kid - and still a little bit today). I'm with malcom tho, that doll is kinda freaky...like it's staring right into my soul.

Danielle said...

Those swappies are divine!!!!!!

Lark said...

Oh, I love your swappies!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Oh! So many great treasures. I love this walk down memory lane.

Jenaveve said...

It gets like that! I couldn't decide at first, then had to refrain a little (and then couldn't find half the stuff I wanted to show because I'd given it away in a bout of frugalness!!!)

Swap cards bring back sooooo many memories.

Dees said...

It sure looks like someone with a happy childhood also!!So happy to see that,lovely collection!!!lovely post!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I love the look of The Big Tidy Up. I've been naughty, I still haven't done my This is.. for this week. Was hoping for some inspiration, and it still hasn't come...

Bobkat said...

Isn't it great to rediscover old loved treasures from your childhood?

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I wish I still had my swap card collection. I don't even know what happened to it.