101 things about me

Sunday 20 July 2008

This is what makes me happy...

1. Window Seat, 2. Beautiful bedding, 3. Frangipani 4, 4. Jump, 5. Sunny smile, 6. Scrabble Dreaming, 7. Full bowl of maltesers, 8. Deserted Beach, 9. Beautiful Shells

It seems to me, that we sometimes forget to acknowledge even the simplest of things that make our lives more pleasurable. And often we spend so much time pondering on the battles of our lives that we don't even realise how lucky, or happy we are.

I have been thinking about it a little lately. Trying to be more aware of the things that bring joy to my life. More often than not, it is the small things that make me happy. So I have made a list, for a couple of reasons... A good list makes me happy and, I have decided to list only 10 things, so I have time to go and visit everyone else's "This is" posts for this week. I hope you have all enjoyed the theme... and you have a happy Sunday.

This is what makes me happy...

A free table in the window of my favourite cafe makes me happy.

Slipping into a freshly laundered bed after a long day makes me happy.

The smell of frangipani on a warm summer evening makes me happy.

Living a creative and adventurous life makes me happy.

Summer smiles make me happy.

Using all my tiles in scrabble on a triple word score... makes me happy.

Curling up, with a good book and a full bowl of maltesers, beside an open fire makes me happy.

A walk on a deserted beach makes me happy.

Beautiful things make me happy.

BUT. ABOVE ALL.
My family and friends makes me happy. When everyone is healthy and happy - so am I. I am happy when spending time in their good company, sharing stories over a healthy meal, laughing. Being happy together. THAT is what makes me happy.

Thanks again to Angela for creating the "this is" magic

34 comments:

Helen said...

Yay for scrabble! I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Jacinta,
reading your post today filled me with happiness....thanks for the theme
sharon

Dees said...

I Love reading about what makes you happy!!!!I know what you mean when you say that we have a lot in common you and I.thank you for a wonderful way of reminding me what is important in life!hugs Dees♥

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

What a lovely collection of happiness! Thank you for the theme. I do have to apologise, I have copied your style this week... it just seemed to fit so well. I really hope you don't mind!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That's a great list and a happy post. I enjoyed reading it. Nice choice of theme.

Thanks for the lovely message on my blog.

Hila said...

This looks like a collection of my favourite things. Especially the pretty bedding. I love your photos!

Anna-Lisa said...

I agree with absolutely everything - except jumping out of a plane. That would make me hyperventilate. Thanks for a fun topic :)

Anastasia said...

oh i just put my post up too and wrote the same thing - its the little things of everyday that make me happy...love your post and I know what you mean about slipping into bed every night...such a great feeling!

Nikki said...

yay - great little moments of joy. Thanks for the lovely theme and comments on my little slice of "This is".

.girl ferment. said...

these are gorgeous ideas. thank you for this theme, apologies for being a bit cheeky with my this is response.
xx

CurlyPops said...

What a great post...I love freshly washed sheets...and maltesers...yum!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great reminder to treasure life's little pleasures.

~Holly
Two Cheese Please

Lonie said...

Thanks for a great topic. Thinking of all those happy things has made me so happy that my toes are wriggling!

Lilli boo said...

A beautiful and inspiring post Jacinta..I so understand the stopping and appreciating he small things in life. With having just gone through a traumatic experience in my family as you know..it really makes you *see* more around you and how not to take anything for granted! Lots to be happy about!

Jenny said...

I loved reading your gorgeous happy list-thanks for a very up lifting choice this week:)

Anonymous said...

Love your list! Thanks for the fantastic theme this week!

kate said...

oh this is a lovely list!!! and yay for scrabble!!! its got me thinking about what makes me happy...

hokey said...

Thaks for the brilliant theme. Your list is truly inspiring. Horray for sharing the happiness!

Michelle said...

What a great happy list! Great theme, thanks!

Hana said...

Thanks for choosing a great theme. It felt good to stop and pause for a while and think many happy thoughts.

Bec said...

This has been my favourite 'This is..' theme so far. Thank-you so much. Not only for making us all stop and be grateful for so much happiness in our lives, but for enabling us to share it all and spread the happy stuff around :)
Your list is great - and your post made me happy. Cheers!!!

Little Snoring said...

I love your list, especially the Malteasers and the fresh bedding.... mmmm chocolate and sleep two of the deep pleasures in life - ha.

Moiface said...

Thank you for the fantastic topic this week! It really made me take notice of the good things in life!

Karin said...

I'm smiling here, just reading your list. So, reading your list makes me happy! :-)

sophie said...

I definitely agree about the full bowl of Maltesers!

Thanks for a beautiful reminder to look for the pleasant things in life - it's so easy to get caught up in the not-so-pleasant.

Jenaveve said...

OMG - What was I thinking! How could I have forgotten maltezers? Now they really do make me happy.

I love this selection. All the loveliest things - frangipani's, a spot in the sun, a bit of adventure. You've got it in one: we forget about just how all these things make us feel.

Bird Bath said...

Your list is a good one..and so was this week's theme. I've really enjoyed seeing the special little things that bring joy to people's day.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. So true, the simplest things always make us the happiest. Sometimes we do forget, thanks for the reminder and a great theme. xx

Louise Dalton said...

What a lovely list!
X

Anonymous said...

lovely.

Sharon said...

Great list of happy making things! I forgot to link back to you on my list, Sorry! I'm going to go and add it now!:)

flossy-p said...

Beautiful things make me happy too :)

Thanks for a great theme this week, sorry I was so late joining in.

Anonymous said...

love your collaged list... what a terrific idea! a really grand way of encompassing a longer list ;)

I couldn't narrow mine down - so just picked an ultra fave.

thanks so much for this week's marvelous theme!

brandy said...

I love posts like this!! And you definitely are my favorite person of the day for throwing in some Scrabble.