101 things about me

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Lobster ice-cream really does exist... Taste Test USA #3















And let me tell you (through hard cold experience)... it IS NOT a good combination!

And the smile on the lobster's face? Revenge dear readers, no doubt about it.

Sweet lobster revenge.




It's a dodgy mix of sweet vanilla ice-cream with frozen chunks of lobster... and was always going to be a baaaad taste sensation, but I had to give it try regardless of the risk - just to give it a go, and to say I did!


Not surprisingly, it left a decidedly awful taste in the mouth...
(Thankfully nothing that a serve of oreo cookie ice-cream couldn't fix!)

Rating:
Cinta: 0/10
Shirl (Mum): 0/10
Buy again? Never, unless of course I am buying it for some other sucker to give it a go and so I can see the look on their face! This little treat can definitely stay in the Northern hemisphere!

6 comments:

LesleyG said...

Oh, no! Bad bad bad bad.



But good for you for giving it a shot! :)

Anonymous said...

Not quite like a tuesday morning 7am brekkie hey! Enjoying reading your blog. Make sure you bring home some Peanut Butter M&M's, my mouth is watering just thinking about them!
xx Jane

Lyn said...

Let me just say thanks to you I am wiping my morning coffee off of my computer screen! You always make me laugh, love to you and your mum :)

bec said...

Am LOVING your posts, by the way, been commenting in my head a lot lately, as too tired in the evening- this one had me laughing! So far want to move to Maine, though, sounds gorgeous! Reading a book about it at the moment, too, deosn't help.

bec said...

PS Your mum might need her own blog when this is over!

Red Hen (dette) said...

Oh my goodness that does sound bad, I tried sweetcorn icecream in a Japaneese restaurant once and that was a bit of a challenge for my pallet! It sounds like my dad and uncle may have had input into this not so tasty treat- they used to have competitions to see who could come up with and eat the worst sandwich toppings ever. They had some interesting combinations. Vegemite and honey was one dad used to freak us out with!