101 things about me

Monday 24 January 2011

Just call me Nana Mouskouri...


One of the things I did over the Christmas break was get my eyes tested. And, as I had suspected, I needed glasses.

So here I am. All Nana Mouskouri like.

And if you think you're going to see a real photo, well think again! Now I have glasses I can see all the wrinkles that up until now have been faint lines... and it ain't pretty let me tell you. It's taking me some getting used to.

Quite frankly, I'm not about to publish a photo without some serious retouching first! Or botox.

7 comments:

Lilli boo said...

Walk proud Jacinta...I too wear glasses and have been called Nanna M, since my late twenties... my favorite was being asked if I was the 'Super Nanny"? I think Nanna M may be a little cooler...
Oh & botox...bah humbug!, no need..:-)

Umatji said...

yep I agree with Lilli boo - wrinkles be damned - wear them proud. I reckon people without them obviously haven't lived enough (or just had amazing genes!)
x

Red Hen (dette) said...

I sure you still look lovely! Although I understand the shock that one experiences when the image in the mirror doesn't gel with the one you carry in your head!

Nikki said...

Go glasses and wrinkles, I say!! I've been carrying that look for YEARS!!

(I must admit, I've always harboured a secret love for Nana M, and have been waiting for her to be hip enough for me to admit it!!)

trash said...

Nana Mouskouri is my go to for fancy dress. Has been for nearly 25 years. The joy of having dead straight, dark hair. Embrace your inner Greek goddess I say, let the world be damned and wear your glasses and wrinkles with pride!

Cakers said...

I love the glasses. I've worn them since 2nd grade but what's nice now is there really are so many more styles to choose from than in years past.

BTW - I didn't notice the wrinkles in NYC so no need to worry there.

Hugs,
Patty

Angela said...

Hello, Hello!! We need to have another catch up soon (so I can see your new glasses) and you can say hello to Luka...

Let's ask Denise to tag along too : )

xx